FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I separate two strong magnets?
Separating small to medium neodymium magnetsGenerally, there are three options for separating strong neodymium magnets:
- Moving sideways over a table's edge (works with compact magnets)
- Using a professional magnet separator
- Twisting magnets (works with oblong magnets)
Separate huge neodymium magnetsThe previous tips come up short when you have extremely strong neodymium magnets combined with each other or a ferromagnetic surface. In this case you need a little bit more imagination and protective gear (especially gloves).
Merging magnets safely
- Place one magnet on a flat and stable surface. Keep the second magnet at a safe distance!
- Place one side of the wedge flat on top of this magnet.
- Keep a good grip on the wooden wedge and, from above, carefully place the second magnet on top of the wood.
- Now you can carefully slide the magnet to the tip of the wedge and then slowly combine it with the bottom magnet.