Please keep the following in mind before you start painting: For optimal results, the painting surface must be as smooth as possible and completely dry. Very porous surfaces should be pretreated with dispersion primer. In contrast, smooth lacquer coated surfaces need to be sanded so the magnetic paint will adhere. Thoroughly stir the paint before you start painting to disperse the metal pigments evenly in the paint.
Characteristics of DUPLI-COLOR magnetic paint
- Premium ferrous acrylate dispersion
- Suitable only for indoor application
- 2,5 litres of paint are enough for 2 coats covering a surface area of 5-7,5 m²
- 100% free of harmful heavy metals
- Can be covered with emulsion paint or a lightweight wallpaper after 6 hours
- Drying time is dependent on ambient temperature, humidity as well as the thickness of the applied paint layer, there are no hard and fast rules about how long it will take. At the latest, the paint will be completely dry after 2 weeks.
- Can be combined with whiteboard paint or chalkboard paint. However, allow the magnetic paint to dry for about 2 weeks beforehand to avoid unwanted surface textures.
In order for magnets to stick, you have to apply at least 2-3 coats of magnetic paint. If you want to apply more than two coats of magnetic paint, you will need an additional can of paint. Allow each coat to dry for 3-4 hours. Please refer to the technical data sheet (PDF - German) for more information on the use of magnetic paint.
Keep in mind, not every magnet will adhere to magnetic paint. You can find a list of suitable magnets in our FAQ Which magnets do I use on magnetic paint?.
|Yield||7,5 m² (two coats)|