FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How can I write on magnetic tapes and sheets?
- Our magnetic sheets (including magnetic paper) and tapes are writable with pencil, pen or waterproof marker or similar utensils.
- You can partially remove writing with rubbing alcohol, methylated spirit or eraser. However, marks might remain.
- All writing utensils smear slightly when first applied. Avoid touching the foils/tapes for at least 2 minutes after writing on them (longer with water-soluble markers).
- Any type of labelling may damage the surface. Although pen ink can be cleaned off with rubbing alcohol for instance, the ball point may still scratch the surface when enough pressure is applied.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to test all available pen types. Therefore, test your writing utensil and cleaner in a small spot before you start labelling.
Buy magnetic tape and sheet
Please note that residue or discolourations are more visible on light magnetic sheets and tapes than on darker ones. The indications in the following table refer to visual changes on a white sheet.
|Pencil||Pen||Marker water-soluble||Marker waterproof||Marker whiteboard|
|Smearing by hand||Yes - strong||Yes - light||No (when dry)||No||Yes - wipe clean|
|Eraser||Surface lighter||Surface lighter||Surface lighter||Surface lighter||Surface lighter|
|Water||Light creases||Smeared||No residue||No effect||Slight discolouration|
|Window and plastic cleaner||No effect||No effect||No residue||No effect||No residue|
|Rubbing alcohol||Smeared||Light creases||No residue||Heavy residue||Slight discolouration|
|Benzine||Light creases||Heavy residue||Slight discolouration||Heavy residue||Slight discolouration|
|Methylated spirit||No effect||Light residue||Light residue||No residue||Heavy discolouration|