FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How can I write on magnetic labels?
You bought our magnetic labels and now you are wondering how to neatly write on them? Here are some helpful tips.
Labelling optionsThere are various ways to write on these labels:
- Use a laser printer to print on our perforated blank inserts in A4 format. See our helpful tips below.
- Write by hand on the blank insert.
- Use a label printer to print small labels and stick them on the blank insert.
- Use a laser printer to print on regular paper and cut it to size with scissors or a paper cutter. You can find our Word-template below. Display the gridlines and use them as a cutting guide.
Laser printer on blank insertIf you decided on professional labelling with a laser printer on blank inserts, the following tips might be helpful:
- You can download a word template for any C-profile (see below).
- If you want to print data from an Excel spreadsheet, you need to make sure that the Excel table has the same dimensions as the table in the Word document. Then you can copy the cells and before inserting them in Word you select the same cells in the Word document. That ensures that the Excel cells are shown in Word table cells and not squashed into one cell. So, if you want to fill a 2 x 7 Word table, you need to select 2 x 7 Excel cells.
- Immediately after inserting the data all cells remain selected. This is a good time to right-click with the mouse, select format cells/alignment and centre all the texts.
- If you don't print on the whole sheet, you can fill in the data bottom up and rip off the used lines. This allows you to use the sheet multiple times, until there is about a third of it left. If you print from top down and rip it off, the upper page margin is off and the sheet won't feed correctly.
- With the small labels, don't print too close to the upper and lower edges, because part of the label is covered by the C-profile.
- The feeder of a printer is often not exact to the tenth of a millimetre. Therefore, print a sample page on a normal sheet of paper and hold it behind the blank insert to see if everything is centred right. Otherwise, correct the uppper page margin in the document.