Foam rubber sculpture
- 10 mm thick foam rubber (from an old sleeping pad)
- 240 K-08-C sphere magnets
- Strong adhesive tape
- Felt in various colours
- Plenty of sewing machine thread
Motivation:I chose a solution with magnets for the following reasons:
- Aesthetics: Other connections would have been detrimental to the geometry or the smooth surface. Since toys of that size are practically part of the furniture, it helps when they are stylish - the parents have to like them too.
- Flexibility: The corners of all polygons fit together, and the structure can be expanded as desired.
- Strength: Thanks to the strength of the magnets, big and stable structures can be built in no time.
- Simplicity: Assembly is simple and doesn't require especially good fine motor skills - if those two clowns in the video can do it, anyone can.
- No wear and tear: The embedded magnets are well protected, so they can snap together countless times without being damaged.