Bulletin board with magnetic FIMO creations
How to make a popping bulletin board with a little teamwork
Online since: 18/12/2008, Number of visits: 158883
The Göhner family created a magnetic bulletin board with their own FIMO creations.
Accessories for the colourful bulletin board
- a canvas on a stretcher frame
- various acrylic colours
- 0,5 litre magnetic paint
Paint the backside of the canvas with several coatings of magnetic paint. You can use a paint roller or brush.
Accessories for the FIMO magnets
- FIMO in desired colours (FIMO is a modelling clay that is hardened in the oven at 130°)
- cookie cutters (heart, flower, etc.)
- various disc magnets 15 x 3 mm
- adhesive, e.g. UHU MAX REPAIR
- Roll out the FIMO to a thickness of about 3 to 5 mm (e.g. between two parchment papers, so the FIMO won't stick to the table or the rolling pin).
- Cut out the desires shapes.
- Harden the FIMO shapes in the oven according the guidelines on the packaging.
- Glue on magnets with adhesive and let them dry.
The finished bulletin board does not only hold the FIMO creations, but also thick cards and notes.
- The magnets should be not too weak, since they have to be strong enough to cling to the magnetic paint through the acrylic paint and the canvas. The mentioned disc magnets work great.
- Until the adhesive is really hard and tough, the magnets may still shift easily!
- Until the adhesive is hard, the "FIMO magnets" may not be placed too close to each other, because they might attract each other and do their own thing.
- Don't work the magnets into the FIMO before baking, because they 130 degrees in the oven would demagnetise them. If you like, you can bake the FIMO at 100 degrees, but you'll have to expect a 20% loss of adhesive force.
Notes from the supermagnete team:
- Please take a look at our other applications with magnetic paint.
- For more information about suitable magnets for magnetic paint, please read our FAQ Which magnets do you recommend for walls painted with magnetic paint?
The entire content of this site is protected by copyright.
Copying the content or using it elsewhere is not permitted without explicit approval.